Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Lollipop Shop

This post is LONG overdue, but things have been incredibly crazy with school starting and many other things. The second week we were in Johnson City my dear friend Anna came to visit. Anna is my best teaching buddy and she was my next door neighbor at Northfield. We joked about asking our principal to cut a "drive thru" window in the wall for us. An interesting fact about Miss Anna is that she went to ETSU and worked in Johnson City for a bit. So, when Wesley started this "I want to be a pharmacist" idea, she showed us around Johnson City and took me to different schools on our fall break (last October). Another interesting fact is that Anna is good friends with Candice (her real name is Candy.......ha! :) )--who owns The Lollipop Shop in Jonesborough with her husband Jeff. That whole explanation was to tell you that the second week we were here Anna was too---and one day we went to hang out with Candice and these sweet Thompson boys at The Lollipop Shop. What a blast!!! They have a WHOLE wall display of M&MS!!!!!!!! I am addicted to plain M&Ms so this was quite a treat for me! We took a picture of me with the M&M wall but I was so excited that I looked a little scary, so I will spare you.....
If you are ever in the Jonesborough area, please check out The Lollipop Shop. It's on the main street in Jonesborough---Jonesborough is a great place to visit. Very historical (it's the oldest town in Tennessee) and quaint. I have been dying to just go take pictures downtown, but I haven't had a free day to do that yet.......
Anyway, enjoy some pictures from our day and this GREAT slideshow. GREAT because you've GOT to hear the song!!!!!! :) Enjoy!
PS The Lollipop Shop has franchises available, be sure and check it out!

1 comment:

anna said...

awww i feel so special!!! this was a fun visit! awesome pics! (as usual!) can't wait until next time!