Friday, December 19, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Now that I have my Maggie ornament! :)

Thanks so much to Tabetha for getting this made for me and out so quickly.
If you would like to order one with a picture from one of your sessions, please email me.

And I have to share Maggie's 1st handmade ornament. We always make these ornaments with our kids at school and this year I decided Maggie needed to make them too. This one I saved for myself because Maggie made it herself! The handprint is upside down because she took an extra ball, stuck it in her painted hand (after we had finished) and said, "Again!"
If you want to make this ornament with your little ones (or big ones for that matter!), you need:
*blue ornaments (this year we chose the plastic kind-WONDERFUL decision)
*white craft paint
*paint pens
*ribbon
*an egg carton (optional)
*a kid!
Paint the hand with the white craft paint, and have the child hold the ball in his/her hand tightly (good luck keeping a 17 month old from "squishing" her fingers!) and then let go. The ornament should be sitting in the palm of the child's hand with the hanger pointing up (Maggie's is perfectly upside down in the picture.)
Put the ornament upside down in the egg carton to dry.
Once the paint is dry, use the paint pens to draw scarves, hats, eyes, mouths, arms, and buttons on the fingers aka snowmen.
Write the child's name and the year on the back of the ornament.
Once this paint is dry, tie the poem below on the ornament and enjoy!
Poem for Ornament:

These aren't just five snowmen
as anyone can see.
I made them with my hand
which is a part of me.
Now each year when you trim the tree
you will look back and recall
Christmas of 2008.
When my hand was just this small!


No comments: